- Getting up at the crack of dawn
- On frosty mornings having to defrost the car!
- Driving 20 or 30 miles to the unknown venue
- Driving on the motorway when there are road works and you are already running late!
- Taking a wrong turning during the drive – and that’s even when I’m using my Sat Nav!
- Remembering during the drive all the things you have forgotten to bring!
- The performance of loading the car, unloading the car, setting up...etc.
- Fairs that haven’t been very well advertised and the result is very few visitors!
- Visitors who examine your stall quite closely, make rapturous comments but then walk away without purchasing a single item!
- That feeling driving home when you feel it was a waste of time and wonder if craft fairs are worth the hassle!
A6 Covered Notebook
These are a few of the items I SOLD at a recent Craft Fair:
A6 Covered notebook – I have another in my shop and will be listing more soon
Aphrodite – I have told a story about this bag in a previous post. So nice to know it has gone to a good home!
Bridget – this was a surprise but the person loved it!
Things I Love:
- The feeling of anticipation whilst you are planning and making items beforehand – “this could be the one!”**
- When you wake up on the day and the sun is shining (always a good sign – you think!)
- Driving on the motorway when the traffic is light and you make good time!
- Feeling smug because you have remembered to bring everything this time (including the float!)
- Arriving at the venue and being greeted by warm and friendly fellow crafters!
- Finishing setting up the stall well before the start time and everything looks beautiful.
- Selling an item to a fellow stallholder BEFORE the fair starts!
- Looking around the other stalls and seeing what amazing and gorgeous things the other crafters have made and are selling – FAB!
- Customers who make lovely comments and purchase something!
- Talking and chatting to fellow crafters whilst waiting for the absent customers!
- Packing up early when you have made the table fee and a reasonable profit so you are going home happy... and
- Whilst packing up a fellow stallholder comes up and wants to buy an item they were looking at earlier!
- The sense of achievement.
Finally, I had the most amazing feedback from a customer to my Folksy shop this week and must share it:
Received my notebook today very quick service and it is even more gorgeous than it looked in the picture , beautifully packaged too , i just love this shop :)
Listings this week included the following:
A5 Vintage Lace Covered Journal
|Silk and Lace Purse|
|Silk and Lace Purse|
A5 vintage lace journal
Two silk and lace purses
Please visit my Folksy shop and purchase something for yourself or for someone for Christmas!